The Bridge is a group that works to identify and address inequities that are experienced by the diverse sexual and gender identified communities with Brant County.
Our Purpose is to:
- Promote the importance of acceptance and inclusion in an effort to eliminate stigma, bullying and discrimination at all levels of community life.
- Facilitate access to accurate information including up-to-date lists of LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer) friendly spaces and programs, resources and organizations that support diverse sexual and gender identified communities.
- We strive to help close the gap between the larger Brantford community and the LGBTQ community.
- Celebration and pride.
- Working within an inclusive community development approach
- Equity: we seek to eliminate health, social and economic disparities
- Diversity: we honour our differences.
- Compassion and understanding: we seek to alleviate injustices.
- The active participation of the diverse sexual and gender identified communities.
Why do we care:
LGBTQ people are more likely to experience physical or verbal victimization than the general population. It is important to help create an atmosphere a culture of acceptance that welcomes everyone.
Become an ally: allies are those who do not identify as queer but who advocate for the community and work together toward goals that benefit everyone.Contact The Bridge for more information. You can be added to our email list to stay informed about community projects, events and meetings.Extend your support and be a part of any LGBTQ community initiatives like Brantford Pride and other social and educational events.