The program aims to reduce harassment, hostility, and discrimination towards LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer) people in Brant County service agencies and workplaces.
The Safe Spaces Project is focused on raising awareness through education.
It offers everyone an opportunity to become knowledgeable, accepting, and supportive of LGBTQ people and issues they face.
- Raise visibility and support of LGBTQ individuals in Brant County.
- Decrease homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, and heterosexism in the workplace.
- Become more aware of the various forms of homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, and heterosexism that often exist in organizations and communities.
- Increase the number of service agencies that provide LGBTQ culturally competent care.
- Offer resources to organizations in order for them to create and encourage a supportive, welcoming, and inclusive environment for LGBTQ employees and/or clients.
- Increase visibility of LGBTQ safe spaces by displaying Safe Spaces stickers and/or posters, and increase awareness of employees that are supportive and knowledgeable about LGBTQ issues and can provide information and referrals
If you are interested in booking a Safe Spaces presentation for your organization or want more information on the program please contact: Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org