The program aims to reduce harassment, hostility, and discrimination towards LGBTQ2S+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, two-spirit +) people in Brantford/Brant County service agencies and workplaces.
The Safe Spaces Project is focused on raising awareness through education.
It offers everyone an opportunity to become knowledgeable, accepting, and supportive of LGBTQ2S+ people and issues they face.
- Raise visibility and support of LGBTQ2S+ individuals within Brantford/Brant County.
- Decrease homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, and heterosexism in the workplace.
- Become more aware of the various forms of homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, and heterosexism that often exist in organizations and communities.
- Increase the number of service agencies that provide LGBTQ2S+ culturally competent care.
- Offer resources to organizations in order for them to create and encourage a supportive, welcoming, and inclusive environment for LGBTQ2S+ employees and/or clients.
- Increase visibility of LGBTQ2S+ safe spaces by displaying Safe Spaces stickers and/or posters, and increase awareness of employees that are supportive and knowledgeable about LGBTQ2S+ issues and can provide information and referrals
If you are interested in booking a Safe Spaces presentation for your organization or want more information on the program please contact: Christine at email@example.com